In humble attempt at casting this in the tradition of Socrates, a (slightly altered) quote:

"The unexamined vote is not worth casting."

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Presidential forum on social justice-related issues

I recently watched an unreal presentation/questioning of Democratic presidential candidates from community organizations/activists. It was completely worth my time. I was just floored again and again by the stories shared by the community workers involved who generally worked in some sort of human service job. Each candidate hears these short stories and is then asked related questions on a number of issues. Each candidate takes about 15-20 minutes or so if you decide to watch.

Here's the link, you can watch the whole thing, or scroll down to find videos of individual candidates. I’d recommend watching at least Kucinich and Edwards, both very key in my opinion. I think both expressed some real vision. But shoot some comments back and let me know what you think if you check either of them or the others out.

No comments: