In humble attempt at casting this in the tradition of Socrates, a (slightly altered) quote:

"The unexamined vote is not worth casting."

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Obama, Obama, OBAMA.

As you can see to the right, if it were Feb. 12th today (the day of the Virginia primary), my vote would be cast. About two to three weeks ago I decided, based on the build-up of personal research and observation. I say that to preface a few posts that will explain some of why I feel this way; with those posts, I hope to address some of the main questions as I understand them regarding Obama and Hillary.

I'm big on audio books, and have listened to Obama's newest, the Audacity of Hope, but hope to do so again. It was over a year ago, and the details of his policy thoughts in there will stick out to me more now. I'm currently listening to Dreams from My Father, and it's great, and really reveals the diversity of his experience. So hopefully I'll be able to drop some lines from both in here as it makes sense, and if there's time (Super Tuesday next week may or may not bring it down to one candidate, the reviews are mixed right now). I will be interested to see if any other supporters of his are out there among readers, or if there are any votes in the opposite direction for Hillary or some of the Repub's still left in it--if so, feel free to email me, to drop your thoughts in the comment section, or to voice your support in the poll below (as you'll see, I started Obama off there with my vote). May the best man/woman win.

No comments: